The mission of the Community Outreach Committee is to support outreach programs and provide opportunities for St. Paul members and friends to support these programs. Our mission does not just support our St. Paul UCC community. We support the entire Palatine Township area, the Chicago Metropolitan area and across the world.
St. Paul has reached out to help others by participating in and supporting many programs. Some opportunities we
- Feed My Starving Children (packaging of food for impoverished countries)
- Palatine Food Pantry (year-round collection and special food drives at various times during the year)
- Habitat for Humanity
We support 4 special missions of the greater UCC.
- One Great Hour of Sharing (supports disaster, refugee, and development ministries)
- Neighbors in Need (supports ministries of justice and compassion throughout the United States)
- Our Church’s Wider Mission (funds the work the UCC does in its Associations and Conferences, and in the national and global church)
- Christmas Fund (supplements pension and health insurance premiums to low-income retirees and emergency assistance to clergy and their families throughout the year)
Other outreach we have participated in includes:
- Winter coat drive for in-need students at a District 211 High School and a District 15 Elementary School.
- Apple Tree Campaign (school supply drive for under privileged children)
- Trunk or Treat (Halloween candy distribution in North Palatine)
- Jewelry and clutch purse drive to supplement a District 211 High School Prom dress closet.
- Summer Suppers in collaboration with St. Theresa Catholic Church to provide a monthly meal to those in need and the community.